Tuesday, July 21, 2020

You restore my soul!


I'm reading a book by Tozer called "Keys to the Deeper Life" and it has been such good preparation for my upcoming series on 'Being'. I had just opened up my laptop to begin writing this post when my neighbor came by and brought us some extra food that they don't need. It is so incredibly sweet of them to do that. They see our kids playing outside and think that any extra help during these hard times is a blessing. They have more than they need and they share the overflow! I went inside to put away the food and when I came back out my son Liam said "Dad, I just prayed for them. The man said to pray for his health and then someone else got out of the car and I prayed for them too"! I am so proud and that just exemplifies the keys... we are people who don't just know about God. We become children of God that act like him, just like our children act like us! We do because we are living epistles, read and known by all! 

In other news I just went backpacking with Creed, Asher, Liam and my "adopted son for the week" Sergei. It was a grand adventure and a welcome escape from COVID-land. I'm back quarantining this week since someone I've been in contact with has tested positive with the virus. It's hard to take a step back and isolate, but it's a good reminder that my God is more than able to do immeasurably more and is not hampered in giving me my daily bread by any circumstance. I just want to have eyes to see and ears to hear so that I'm not hampered in my receiving! 

Okay back to the trip. It was hard! Liam and Asher got altitude sickness... aka... they threw up the first night and felt like garbage the second. Liam cried a lot hiking up the first two days. But by the end, these kids were rock stars :). Pun intended :). Liam led the pack most of the way out and although we ended our journey a day early, we had a grand adventure that left all my kids willing to go again...but maybe once a year is enough to spend a week pooping in the woods. Asher had the best experience as his toilet paper rolled down the mountain at the most inopportune of times. I think the mountains have a way of psychologically constipating anyone :). 

Here are some pictures of our adventures, from random bones that show the wonder of the wild to bear bag fun and our crazy time sleeping in the hotel. The trip had a way of healing and restoring me and I'm so grateful that God knows how to shepherd me so well! 



Asher, Creed, Sergei, Adrienne (my cousin's oldest), and Liam in the front! 








Our last supper before the wilderness... a gigantic burger with all the fixings! 

This post is already longer than I would probably read so I'll finish it up here! We had a great 4th of July with friends and family! The kids enjoyed playing with Sparklers and we got to see a few fire works set off by our neighbors. Duncanville cancelled all the public events, but you got to love Texas! We know where to get fireworks and what to do with them!



Thanks for your support and your prayers through this crazy 2020! God has some epic daily bread for you and is an amazing shepherd! May he restore your soul as he has mine and continue to lead you by peaceful waters! Our God is awesome and He shows me that so often through my relationship with you. You are his provision for me in so many ways and you are living epistles! Thank you for your love and kindness! MK goes forward and I'm excited to see what God, through the power of his spirit, will do in this next season! Lives changed through the power of his word, and his word is not bound but is living and active! May this season for us all be one of pruning so that we can bear even greater fruit with and for Him!

Love you all so much!

Blessings,

Caleb 


If you want to support what I do a little or a lot, on a one time basis or with recurring gifts, click on the tab "Supporting the Work" at the top of the page and sign up for Chase Quickpay. You can then send your donation to HCLC - Caleb Robbins Ministry using my e-mail address caleb_robbins@sil.org. If you would like further instructions on setting that up, please click on the link at the top right of the page called How to give. Or feel free to contact me directly! 214 558 8431.

Another way to donate to the ministry is via check. If you write a check to "Holy Cross Lutheran Church" and put "Caleb Robbins Ministry" in the memo line, it will get deposited into my ministry account.

The address is:

Holy Cross Lutheran Church 
4400 W Arkansas Ln
Arlington, TX 76016

Diane is my beautiful wife and the mother of my precious children Creed 13, Asher 11, Liam 8, Echo already in heaven, Bella 6, and Serenity 4 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment