Monday, January 9, 2017

Whew... life is a whirlwind!


Ha! This Blog is called Candid Caleb and so I don't feel bad having these pictures in such a random order. Let's just say that things happened in all different stages and it's kind of melting together as I look back. 

First off! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

Find my creative and silly children below. They like to make hammocks and such in their bedrooms and then stuff them with all their stuffed animals and then themselves. I got so tired of movies and video games, and lo and behold when you remove those things, really cool life starts to happen. 

Bella just really rocks those shades... also Asher, Liam and Bella made up some game with a blanket where you have to pull the person on the blanket all the way back to your bedroom while they resist... yeah Asher won :). But, they all had fun! 


  

Our family has inherited a tradition from the Gebauers where we light candles and talk about our relationship with the Lord. We have a symbolic Christ-candle in the center of the table and light our own candles from His. It's a time for reflection and hope for the future. I really enjoy hearing my kids talk about their love for the Lord and their heart to know Him even more!  


We celebrated Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve. My sister wanted to get some great pics and so we did. Here is one of all of us that a ghost took... I mean Cameras don't need people... I mean... well never mind.


So this past month has been relentless fun :). We went to see our friends the Sieks down in Austin and also I went to meet some of the team that is going to Thailand. It was great! The trip was quick and we got back Monday around noon and then kicked off our MK Hobbit/Lord of the Rings marathon at 3 pm. We did two movies on Monday with a delicious spaghetti dinner in between. Then we did the rest the other four evenings. It was fun connecting with the kids and also a lot of fun watching those movies again!





Have I mentioned before that I live with weird people? I love these amazing weirdos. Yeah... they do this when I leave. I have no idea what crazy stuff they will get up to with underwear and who knows what else while I'm gone this time. 


Here is a picture of my two sons singing in their school program. Good luck finding them... yeah even I can't figure out where they are... maybe I need a better camera phone. 


Here are some pictures from the MK Christmas party this year. Needless to say, it was amazing and huge and so fun. Three years ago we had maybe 20 kids come to this... we doubled that this year! It's so cool to see the group grow, MAN! I really LOVE these kids! 




We went all out in decorating our house this year. I think the electric bill was more than my trip to Thailand, but the winter wonderland, mysterious Christmas joy for my kids is well worth it. Okay, never! This is a house that we found in my cousin's neighborhood. Yes, imagine being their neighbor and feeling so inadequate with your decorations! This picture does a poor job of reflecting the sheer spectacle of it all! Anyways, really fun times. 


Speaking of cousins, my amazing cousin David got Diane and me tickets to see Josh Garrels for my Birthday. It was his Christmas tour and it was fantastic!


I don't have pictures of it all... there is too much! What a season! It was good to have some time off, but I'm glad to be back at work for a short time before I head off again to Thailand. I leave this Friday and get back next month. I'm excited! 

Diane and I just finished up a Trauma Healing course. She took it and I helped to teach it. This was planned for awhile ago but was complicated by the unexpected death of my dear cousin Laura Davis. On New Years day she went to be with the Lord. My wife brought in the New Year by her side in a hospital room full of family. Laura hung on to see the new year and then headed home to celebrate with her heavenly father. We have done two memorials and they both came during the Trauma Healing workshop. Diane spoke at the second one among many others. She and Laura were really close and this passing is very painful. I'm so proud of the family coming around Andrew and his three kids and lifting them up. How do you fill a void like this? How do you go on in the face of so much pain and hardship? You go on together... you let God heal and comfort... but it takes time and many tears and much grief. Laura, you will be missed.  You lived a full life, I'm sorry it wasn't a very long one. I'm glad to have known you and I'm glad to know that I will see you again! 


Please pray for my family while I'm gone! For safety and health. For help with the kids and for things to work properly! 

Please pray for me and my team as we travel. For safety and health, for fun adventures. Pray that we can be a blessing and that God is glorified. That His love working in us then works in others. 

I love you all so much! Thanks for being a part of my adventure and my life with its ups and downs! Thanks for your support both financially and spiritually! Your relationship is priceless and I'm so grateful for you. I couldn't do this without you and I wouldn't want to. 

Blessings on you all! 

Caleb


 If you want to support what I do a little or a lot, on a one time basis or a recurring basis, click on the tab "Supporting the Work" at the top of the page and sign up for Chase Quickpay. You can then send your donation to HCLC - Caleb Robbins Ministry using my e-mail address caleb_robbins@sil.org. If you would like further instructions on setting that up please click on the link at the top right of the page called How to give. 

Chase QuickPay has changed some of their rules. If this option no longer works for you please let me know and I will work with you to find another solution. Thanks for hanging in there with me through all the annoying changes in how I can receive support! Your support means a great deal to me! 

Another way to donate to my ministry is via check. If you write a check to "Holy Cross Lutheran Church" and put "Caleb Robbins Ministry" in the memo line it will get deposited into my ministry account.

The address is:

Holy Cross Lutheran Church 
4400 W Arkansas Ln, Arlington, TX 76016

Diane is my beautiful wife and the mother of my precious children Creed 9, Asher 7, Liam 5, Echo already in heaven, Bella 2, and Serenity 6 months.





1 comment:

  1. What a great report on what's going on in your life. Loved it. The pictures were great!

    ReplyDelete