Friday, February 21, 2014

A year! Wow!

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

26 Brothers and sisters, consider what you were when God called you to be Christians. Not many of you were wise from a human point of view. You were not in powerful positions or in the upper social classes. 27 But God chose what the world considers nonsense to put wise people to shame. God chose what the world considers weak to put what is strong to shame.28 God chose what the world considers ordinary and what it despises—what it considers to be nothing—in order to destroy what it considers to be something. 29 As a result, no one can brag in God’s presence. 30 You are partners with Christ Jesus because of God. Jesus has become our wisdom sent from God, our approval, our holiness, and our ransom from sin. 31 As Scripture says, “Whoever brags must brag about what the Lord has done.”


Well that sums up how I feel about this year... enjoy the pictures! 





This last week our service project took us to the North Texas Food Bank where we helped fill snack boxes to give to kids who are hungry and whose parents can't afford to feed them. It was striking to hear about all the hunger that goes on right next door. Something that we really try and demonstrate in our group is that we are all Missionaries not just our parents or those people who live over seas but all of us, right now, right here. I really enjoy getting to serve with these kids and it's always a highlight every month getting to go and make a difference together.

This year has given me so many opportunities to reach people and to do things that I never could before. It has changed me for the better, this job, this calling has given me time to really deepen my relationship with God. Getting to do what allows me to feel his pleasure in me regularly, brings tears to my eyes. I couldn't do this on my own, I shouldn't be here and feel embarrassed sometimes when I think about the kindness of the Lord. I was just a van driver with no clue how to raise support. I can't believe where I am today. I look back on the journey and I see God in every step and feel Him with every breath. I see the people who stood with me, believed in me and who God used to bring me to where I am now and I'm overcome with gratitude. I feel ordinary and foolish and yet by Gods grace I get to enjoy doing what he has made me to do.

I feel like I've been through a great year of firsts, I've done almost all the service projects and events at least once now. I've learned who to call and how to nag via e-mail. I'm excited for what God is going to do this next year in ministry, and I'm thrilled to have you guys on my team!

Pray! 

I"m heading off to Orlando on Sunday for a week. Traveling mercies, my back to stay healthy, my family at home, my purpose in going is to learn how to do a re-entry seminar here in Dallas for our incoming MK's. Pray that I learn well and absorb what God has for me.

I'm thinking about going back to school in the fall. Wisdom on where to go and what to study, wisdom on timing, our family will have grown by then.

Diane is in the last trimester. Pray for a safe and healthy end to the pregnancy and a beautiful baby to be born sometime in May. For Diane as she gets more and more uncomfortable.

Praise! 

I made it home safely and have navigated the treacherous waters of jet lag successfully and my back is finally on the mend again.

For a year here serving! Okay officially my year will be March 1 but I'm a little excited :).
________________________________________________________________________

Gods kindness is inspiring, it reminds us of our freedom and releases our potential in Him. It breaks through our stubborn and calloused hearts and shows us the incredible awe inspiring love of God. It is a joy to be on this journey with you and to be led by such a kind and loving Shepherd.

I saw a movie about Rich Mullins recently and it blew my mind. I hope you all get to see it someday. It's releasing this summer on DVD. It's called 'Ragamuffin' and you can see the trailer on YouTube. Any way I thought I would end this post with one of my favorite Rich Mullins songs. I hope it encourages and blesses you! Thanks for being such a blessings and encouragement to me!

The Love of God

"There's a wideness in God's mercy
I cannot find in my own
And He keeps His fire burning
To melt this heart of stone
Keeps me aching with a yearning
Keeps me glad to have been caught
In the reckless raging fury
That they call the love of God
Now I've seen no band of angels
But I've heard the soldiers' songs
Love hangs over them like a banner
Love within them leads them on
To the battle on the journey
And it's never gonna stop
Ever widening their mercies
And the fury of His love
Oh the love of God
And oh the love of God
The love of God
Joy and sorrow are this ocean
And in their every ebb and flow
Now the Lord a door has opened
That all Hell could never close
Here I'm tested and made worthy
Tossed about but lifted up
In the reckless raging fury
That they call the love of God"
Thanks for sticking with me through this year... for praying for me through the struggles I've had with my back, yet another reminder to me of how much I need God and the body! For standing beside my family on my trips across the world. For praying me there and back again. For supporting me financially, every penny means so much to me! I see you all as a vibrant part of my ministry and of my life. 
Caleb Robbins
If you want to support what I do a little or a lot, on a one time basis (for a mission trip) or on a recurring basis, click on the tab "Supporting the Work" at the top of the page and search for Caleb and Diane Robbins. Diane is my beautiful wife and the mother of my precious children Creed 6, Asher 4, Liam 2, Echo already in heaven and Bella coming soon via a midwife near you :).

No comments:

Post a Comment