Friday, May 24, 2013

I will Boast in my Weakness

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.10That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Well as many of you already know Monday was a huge success for the pool opening. I’m really glad that we could make it work and didn't try and squeeze it in some other part of the week. I had many fun adventures getting things set up including bringing one of the grills over to the center and having it fly out of the back of the pickup truck. God protected that grill and it still worked by the time we needed it to. Everything went really well, we raised the money we needed to, the pool sold some passes, and the kids bonded while serving the community. The only downside to the whole experience was that my back has been shot ever since.

I took Tuesday off to recover and was very happy to see my cousin David. He was in town with his family for his brother’s graduation. However, Tuesday came and went and my back was only mildly better but then Wednesday came and back to work and sitting and driving and my back regressed slightly. Thursday was Creeds graduation from Kindergarten and just before going over to the ceremony I did some funky stretches that really damaged something in my back. I stood as long as I could before the pain got too bad and I had to walk back to the car to rest. I got to see Creed get his diploma and he got to see me see him so that was good.


Yesterday afternoon I spent most of the day lying down but last night I foolishly moved around too much and this morning when I got up my back was stiff as a board. I barely got the kids to school and now I’m lying on the floor in my office because I can’t sit.

Kelsey is in town for the weekend which is really nice. I look forward to spending some time with her tomorrow. The MKs come over tonight for a game night. That will be really fun! The only problem with so many things in my life right now is my back.

God is good and I’m surrendering this whole thing to him and repenting a lot as my pain brings out the worst in me. I’m looking forward one day to being on the other side of this whole mess. I know God did some healing in me in April when I was visiting a church in Silver City. I’m not sure why this is happening right now but I’m sure that God has a plan for it and I’m grateful to have people like you in my life to help pray me through.

Pray!
That my back will be completely healed!
That I will walk righteously through this time of pain and not take it out on my loved ones.

Praises!
Creed graduated and got the caught being good award for the Month of May!
It’s good to have family around!
For you and how you make my ministry possible!


Thanks for walking this road with me, especially when it’s difficult!


Blessings,


Caleb

 If you want to support what I do a little or a lot, on a one time basis or a recurring basis, click on the tab "Supporting the Work" at the top of the page and search for Caleb Robbins and then click on Caleb and Diane Robbins. Diane is my beautiful wife and the mother of my three precious children Creed 6, Asher 3, and Liam 1. 

1 comment: