Friday, March 8, 2013

Week one of forever!

Choose what you do in life according to  your passion and purpose.  In the end you don’t want to work for a living, you want to live for the work you’re doing. – John C. Maxwell

I am sitting here in my office thinking about the goodness of God and I can't believe how immense his goodness is, so far and high above our ability to imagine are his plans for us and he delights in giving us the desires of our heart as we learn to delight in him. 

Psalm 37:4

     Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
I know that God doesn't just give us what we want, but he does make us who he wants us to be as we surrender to him, and through that painful process we become the kind of people who can accept and appreciate the goodness that he offers to us our whole lives. 

I think about Paul a lot when I think about the joy that is in missionary work. This guy went through a lot of suffering but he was suited to it and wouldn't have traded his life for any other because when God made Paul he designed him with the appropriate amount of guts to do the work that he was called to. 

The joy in serving the Lord makes the temporary trials seem meaningless by comparison...  I'm not looking for the stones to be thrown but I am looking to the one on the throne.  Following hard after God makes the stones unavoidable  because the men and women that he calls are not the sort that shrink back  but those who through strength and courage persevere. The kind of people that follow the one who said for the joy set before me I will endure... 


Hebrews 10:39


     But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have   faith and are saved.


Hebrews 12:2


     fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Right now I'm looking back on a week that was filled with the goodness of God and his joy is overflowing in my spirit! I had the joy of going to a youth conference, meeting with my dear sister for prayer and encouragement, meeting with my pastor, talking to my amazing boss Bob, talking to parents, getting set up in this office, preaching and teaching and loving the kids God has given me in this ministry, and so much more. 


My heart is full! Thanks for reading this and being a part of it! The blessing you bring to my life by living in community with me well...


Psalm 133

A song of ascents. Of David.

How good and pleasant it is
    when God’s people live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head,
    running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
    down on the collar of his robe.
It is as if the dew of Hermon
    were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the Lord bestows his blessing,
    even life forevermore. 

Praise

God is overwhelming me with how much he cares about my support needs and he keeps bringing people into my life who are willing to help get me where I need to go. 

I'm living my dream taking it one day at a time! 

Prayer 

Creed is sick :( Running a fever and his right ear hurts. 

Planning and preparing for trips to see supporters. I have two trips planned and I want them covered in prayer; especially for my family while they cope without me... although me leaving for a couple of days might be on their praise list :). 


If you want to support what I do a little or a lot, on a one time basis or a recurring basis, click on the tab "Supporting the Work" at the top of the page and search for Caleb Robbins and then click on Caleb and Diane Robbins. Diane is my beautiful wife and the mother of my three precious children Creed 5, Asher 3, and Liam 1. 

Blessings! 

Caleb



1 comment: