Monday, November 8, 2021

So much has happened!

 Look I know it's my fault for waiting so long to post a blog... but seriously you know what it is like... you think to yourself...

"I'll post something after vacation....no, after the wedding...no, after MK Camp...no, after the next wedding...no, after the next wedding...no, after the birthday...no, after Halloween...no, after the next wedding" 

I know very relatable... and here we are after the next wedding and just like I was thinking "I'm going to post something". Lots of pictures and silly overviews but if you want specifics... we will need to get coffee... for you to stay awake while I share it all :). I will endeavor to limit myself to just a few pictures per event.... okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.... deeeeeeeeeep breath..... here we go! 





Vacation of course has too many stories and pictures to actually be able to fit in this over sized blog... we went to Washington and Montana and had a blast seeing family and friends, we toured Seattle, went to Glacier National park (saw a bear up close and personal) and got to see Diane's sister Lisa and her family! It was rejuvenating and bonding for our family and left us in a really good place. We packed it full! First 2 week vacation we have ever taken, it was so good to travel again. 






I finally had my dreams come true and thanks to COVID relief money was able to get my garage climate-controlled! It's a den now more than a garage... but really it's a fortress of solitude :). One that is always full of people :). 

Here are some of the fun things we did with the MKs. Senior camping trip! So fun! I had a fan on me the whole time... summer is hot! Party at the Humistons pool! Coffee at Black and Bitter every Friday! It's so good to rebuild community after the isolation we have had due to COVID. 





It was such a great honor to walk Abby down the aisle and to have the father daughter dance with her. Her relationship with her dad has been stressed and I'm so grateful for the relationship that I have been able to build with her. I'll never forget it, it was so incredible and yes I wept like a baby! 




It was amazing to have a day of camp this year... the motto this year is to be just a little better than the last year where we couldn't do camp at all. 







The day after camp I had the honor of officiating the wedding of these awesome people! Anna and Andrew Isenberg!!!! 

We now have two puppies! Due to an unfortunate incident we got Bowser a little earlier than expected. We have had our growing pains, but it is really fun to have two big dogs around, it definitely keeps me from ever really feeling lonely :). 


We were able to kick our year off with Skate night! We welcome in the new MKs and farewell the Seniors, it was a wonderful night! 


I went to a MK conference where one of my favorite MKs led worship! It was a really great time to learn new things to help me be a better care giver! The speaker was really good and so was the networking. 







Then I had the joy of seeing my brother in law get married! Go David and Annabelle! It was near Houston and a fun time away with the kids! Diane celebrated her birthday on their wedding day,then later some of her friends threw her a surprise party just before we went on a mini vacation! Anyway, it was great to see so much family at the wedding and celebrate! 








Diane and I got away to Palm Desert, a vacation we had bought for a steal during the prime COVID time and now finally had a chance to use. It was nice to just rest and strengthen our marriage through quality time together. A highlight was getting to go to Joshua Tree National park! What a great day we had there! 



More fun with the MKs, building community and making memories! 





We took Asher to his first concert! Switchfoot and NEEDTOBREATHE! A night to remember! 


Liam is officially 10! I love you Liam! You are so kind and considerate and have a keen sense of humor! So grateful for the joy you bring to our lives! 



It was great visiting my friend JT and getting donuts with him! Such big donuts! He is almost graduated and I'm so proud of his journey! Its so fun to watch the MK relationships forged in high school grow even more through college! Friends for life! 



Diane won for her Trunk or Treat Pokémon creation! It was great having the MKs come out and help my church again with Fall Festival! So grateful for the things we are able to start doing again! 


There is a close up picture of me and my costume... really I think I nailed it :). 













Montana is ok I guess :). We had a lovely long weekend there and I officiated the last wedding of the season for me! Michael and Tiana are such incredible people with such an incredible story and I'm so honored for the role I was able to have in their wedding. I unfortunately don't have any pictures of the wedding, but if Diane does while she is editing this, she might add one for you and you can see it below. 





God is doing great work in the MK world! I love working with these amazing kids and it is so fun to be doing things again! However, I have accumulated a lot of grief these last years. This has been a hard time for a lot of my friends and while many marriages are being born, others are coming to an end. Being a care giver has its challenges and I had a breaking point a couple weeks ago when I realized I was done being angry and was just sad about a lot of the things. I have been faithful since then to grieve and I continue to grieve, hopeful for what is to come. The most recent grief is the death of my Uncle who finished his battle with cancer. I rejoice that he is in eternity with Jesus, probably making something epic right now - they are both carpenters! But while I rejoice and have hope for many things I have to also allow myself to be sad, and through all of this God is teaching me a great deal about comfort. I want to be a person who is open to receiving comfort and I want to grow in my ability to comfort others as well! 

Thank you for being used by God to bring so much comfort to me and my family. I feel you fulfilling that role in my life! I can't do this ministry alone and certainly not without you! Thanks for supporting this ministry with your resources, both physical and spiritual! I'm so grateful for you! 


Love you all so much! 

Blessings, 

Caleb 


If you want to support what I do a little or a lot, on a one time basis or with recurring gifts, click on the tab "Supporting the Work" at the top of the page and sign up for Chase Quickpay. You can then send your donation to HCLC - Caleb Robbins Ministry using my e-mail address caleb_robbins@sil.org. If you would like further instructions on setting that up, please click on the link at the top right of the page called How to give. Or feel free to contact me directly! 214 558 8431.

Another way to donate to the ministry is via check. If you write a check to "Holy Cross Lutheran Church" and put "Caleb Robbins Ministry" in the memo line, it will get deposited into my ministry account.

The address is:

Holy Cross Lutheran Church 
4400 W Arkansas Ln
Arlington, TX 76016

Diane is my beautiful wife and the mother of my precious children Creed 14, Asher 11, Liam 10, Echo already in heaven, Bella 6, and Serenity 5 years old.




No comments:

Post a Comment